|This article is a stub. You can help Cobalt Wiki by .|
In v123 Alpha, the Survival and Deathmatch modes were revamped. While the changes on Deathmatch were minor ones, Survival was certainly revamped as a whole. The new Survival maps use the su_ prefix, while the ones from the old gamemode (now called Classic Survival) still use the sur_ prefix.
Waves Survival is a gamemode in which player(s) must survive through sets of enemy waves in order to complete the map. Every wave is harder than the previous, and some of the waves might contain bosses.
Maps[edit | edit source]
See also -> Map[edit | edit source]
- Desert Base
- Dust Canyon
- Hold the Fort
- Survival House
- Research Facility
- Rumble at the Grid
- Sniper Compound
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
In Waves Survival, your goal is to kill all the enemies in the "attack" not to die in the meantime. If you die as a Metalface, you become a Brain and are given about 30 seconds to kill the rest of the enemies in the attack. Failure to defeat all the enemies in time results in death, aside from dying from enemies. If you die as a Brain, you're given the chance to restart the latest wave (a wave is a set of attacks). There are four kinds of attacks:
- A normal attack, with just "average" enemies.
- A Raid Caller attack, in which you'll have to kill a certain enemy target before a short timer runs out, or suffer the consequences of one out of various kinds of raids.
- A "bodyguard" attack, in which you'll have to prevent the little Bopo Brain from dying until the attack's end.
- A boss attack, in which you'll have to defeat a special enemy that is stronger or has more health than the average enemies.
In the beginning of every wave (while you're in the shop) you'll also be able to see what enemies will spawn during the attacks on that wave.
Shop[edit | edit source]
Formerly, when a wave was completed, the player was teleported out of the map (the same way players were teleported into the map every time a wave started) and the "virtual" shop appeared. This shop included three sections:
- The hull section, where you would be able to improve your character with better hull sets.
- The Gambling section, where you could buy one of the three items shown for each category (Weapons, Good Weapons, Throwables, Equipment and Supplies) or gamble to make a random free item appear (Note: the item in the top row would then disappear).
- The Equipment section, where you would be able to sell the items you already owned.
Now, players are not teleported out of the map, and there are now 6 Materializer shops: Guns, Advanced Guns, Throwables, Equipment, Advanced Equipment, and Hulls. (Some maps do not have Advanced shops, such as Survival House and Villa missing Advanced Equipment) Items in the top row have a discount, and they "shift" after each wave.
Multiplayer[edit | edit source]
The Waves Survival gamemode can be played with more than one player at the same time. Only one of the players is needed to stay alive to complete an attack/wave. The difficulty of the attacks also increase depending on the amount of players.
Formerly, each player had their own shop, but with the introduction of Materializer shops, shops are universal.
Gameplay Video[edit | edit source]
Contribute with a decent-looking video!